Below are the terms and conditions for any projects created under the Online By Digital name.
These terms and conditions are applicable to all Web Development projects that are undertaken by Online By Digital. If the project is to be hosted by Online By Digital, then the same terms and conditions will apply. The following terms and conditions document is a legal agreement between Online By Digital and “client” for the purpose of website design development, Graphic Design, hosting or any other service that Online By Digital offers. Terms must be agreed to prior to start of project. Updates to this page can be made without notice. Online By Digital is not registered for value added tax (VAT).
- Client to sign their quotation that they have read and accepted our Terms and Conditions and Emailed to email@example.com. Quotes are valid for 7 days from the date on the quote.
- Quotes do not include domain name registration or hosting unless it is specified in the quotation.
- Client to pay their 50% deposit as acknowledgment and acceptance that Online By Digital can proceed with their website.
- In the event that any proposed change of scope is as a result of circumstances beyond the Client’s control and the cost implication of the change of initial scope is, in the opinion of the Client, material, the Client may forthwith terminate or restrict Online By Digital’s services in which event the Client will be liable for all work done at the proposed rates (R385 p/h) contracted for the project.
- Deposit(s) are non-refundable and non-negotiable.
- Your project will only commence once the clients’ deposit has been paid and received by Online By Digital.
- Please note that your website content must be furnished within 7 working days after your deposit payment has been received.
- Hosting (Not hosted with us). Client to provide Online By Digital with your Cpanel, FTP and database details.
- If you use a service provider on our recommendation, you will enter into an agreement directly with them. Online By Digital will not take any responsibility for your hosting services, as we do not have control over your status of hosting, domain renewals or email when not hosted with us. All technical aspects of websites must be referred to your service provider. We will, however, request feedback from your provider via email if you need assistance. This time may be billed.
- Hosting (Hosted with us). Monthly Hosting & Yearly Domain Fees must be paid on or before the last day of each month. Payments not received by the 1st of each month will systematically be suspended. A reactivation fee of R250 will be charged.
- Online By Digital reserves the right to suspend client services due to non-payment and interest of 10% per month will automatically be charged on all arrears for all services rendered (hosting, graphic design, web design, seo, digital marketing campaigns).
- Hosting cancellations can only be done in writing and emailed through to firstname.lastname@example.org on the date of cancellation.
- All outstanding payments must be paid up to date before your Hosting will be terminated with Online By Digital. Please note that hosting cancellations must be emailed to email@example.com before the 1st of the new month as it carries a 30-day notice period.
- Graphic Design. Images and logos supplied must be of high quality. Specific required colours must be supplied as Pantone and CMYK values. Online By Digital does not handle any printing, we will have no further involvement and client will enter into an agreement directly with the printer of their choice. Therefore, we take no responsibility for print errors. Screen colours and digital proofs can vary from litho printing. To ensure colour and print quality it is the client’s responsibility to request a colour proof from the printers.
- Client to send all the necessary web content that you would like us to publish onto your website. Content must be supplied electronically, within 7 Days of start of project. Information (word/txt), as well as logos and artwork (or photographs) to be used/adjusted (vector/freehand/high quality) must be supplied – unless they are to be created as part of the project. Please ensure you have the copyright for all material supplied. Under no circumstances will Online By Digital, our designers or any associates will not be held responsible for any copyright disputes. If it becomes clear that material was provided without the required copyright, changes to a project (to remove illegal content) will be at the client’s cost.
- Unless otherwise specified in the Quotation, the Client shall supply all content wording to be published in accordance with the specified products and/or services.
- Online By Digital does not take any responsibility for content supplied without proper copyright whatsoever. E-commerce and online shopping website. Cost of R120 per product. We cannot be held responsible for delays outside of our control, e.g. equipment failure, weather and internet connections.
- Client is to provide electronically all required documentation and web content to enable Online By Digital to initiate design on your website project.
- Clients website will then be queued and allocated. Online By Digital and the client must work together to complete the web design project in a timely manner. Please note that your website content must be furnished within 7 working days after your deposit payment has been received. We agree to work expeditiously to complete the web design project after the client has submitted all necessary materials. If the client does not supply Online By Digital with complete text and graphic content for this web design projects within 15 days of this agreement, the entire amount of the agreement becomes due and payable. If the client still has not submitted or provided all the required content within 40 days after receipt of deposit (acknowledgment and acceptance of our terms and conditions), an additional continuation fee of 15% of the total agreement price will be assessed for each month until the web design project is completed and published.
- SEO – We offer this as an additional service. We endeavour to make websites that perform well in current major browsers, but cannot guarantee backward compatibility.
- We cannot guarantee search positions or rankings of websites, but include search engine optimisation (SEO) in the form of meta tags, structure and basic content recommendations. We can assist with your SEO if and when required.
- The Date of Completion of a project is affected by feedback and receiving of content and timelines will be adjusted accordingly. On design completion of your website it will be taken live for 24 hours so that you may preview and respond with amendments / improvements. Thereafter the website will be put back onto maintenance for final adjustments.
- Online By Digital will only put your website live when full and final payment has been received and reflect in our bank account. Proof to be emailed. Work in progress will be billed monthly according to the amount of work that has been completed. This is payable within 7 days of statement date.
- Once the outstanding payment has been received your website will be put live.
- All work remains the property of Online By Digital until final payment is received.
- Your web developer will then implement the final changes/amendments on initial content provided. Any additional amendments will be charged at R385 per hour. Additional pages will be charged at Static R800 per page & Dynamic R1500. Project will then be signed off as completed.
- Please note that any further adjustments or amendments after this date will be at an additional cost. Any additional work, author’s corrections or ad hoc changes and updates will be charged at an hourly rate of R385.00 (dependent on task, to be verified at start of task) or will be quoted separately.
- Additional Work requested and agreed to, or any other work in progress for the Client’s website after the Completion Date of the original Agreement, will be billed monthly or at an hourly rate of R385 in accordance to these Terms and Conditions, quoted and agreed to.
- Scope creep (https://www.webdesignservices.co.za/dealing-scope-creep-web-design/) will not be tolerated, and setting clear goals, objectives and specifications in the initial negotiations and Project Specifications with Online By Digital remain the responsibility of the Client.
- CMS Access. Online By Digital, our designers or associates will not be held responsible or liable for any changes made by the client or any other third party using the CMS backend system that includes any software updates, any other changes to the website or any loss of information. A restoration fee of R900 per hour will be administered when having to restore a website.
- Security (Viruses & Hacking). Online By Digital will not be held liable for any viruses, hacking, security breaches or any malicious content pertaining to any third party applications or to the client’s website. Our hosting service provider can at any time suspend a domain should any viruses or malicious content be exposed through hacking or security breaches to any third party application or website.
- Statements. Will be sent 25th of every month.
Cancellations. If project is cancelled at any time, all fees up to that point of work will be calculated and invoiced. This is payable within 7 days of invoice date. Online By Digital will not refund deposits for work already performed on client’s design project or hosting fees/domain fees as they have been paid in advance.
- Legal Costs. Failure to comply with our terms and conditions regarding account payments and fees will result in legal action from our attorneys and the full outstanding balance becomes payable. All legal cost resulting of non-payment will be for the clients account.
- Meetings. Telephonic, Skype or email queries will be responded to free of charge for confirmed clients. Meetings and consultations (in person) will be charged at an hourly rate as well.
Moving your hosting package and website to another hosting company:
- Your hosting package will be deleted 30 days after you submit the termination in konsoleH. The specific date will be displayed on screen.
- Ensure that you have a copy of your website content and email as it will be deleted from our servers 30 days after Hetzner has received your termination request.
- Once your domain has been scheduled to transfer away from Hetzner, your new hosting provider will be responsible for submitting the transfer request. They will provide you with the relevant information you’ll need to process the transfer.
- After submitting your termination via konsoleH, your new host may now submit the transfer request.
- The Registrant will receive an email authorisation token (voting ticket) from ZA Central Registry that is valid for 5 days. The Registrant needs to accept this token.
- Online by Digital assumes no responsibility for the errors, omissions, or other problems related to the Website Transfer Service.
- Because the Website Transfer is a service and not a product, full refunds on hosting are not available / refundable.
- Client understands and agrees that Online By Digital shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data, or other intangible losses when transferring your website to another hosting company.
- Online By Digital expressly disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, including without limitation warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, with respect to the Service or any materials and products. In no event shall Online By Digital be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, or consequential damages of any kind whatsoever with respect to the Service/ Website Transfer to another hosting company / platform, the materials, emails and the products.
- Hosting (https://www.webdesignservices.co.za/) via Online By Digital allows for allocated disk space limited to that Hosting package. Disk over-usage will be charged at the appropriate rate at that time, invoiced to the Client’s account and must be paid within 7 (seven) calendar days after Invoice date thereof.
- Monthly Hosting & Yearly Domain Fees must be paid on or before the last working day of each month, unless committed to payment by means of a stop order payment, in which instance the last calendar day is applicable.
- Hosting fees are payable from date of domain registration or transfer to Online By Digital.
- Payments not received by the 1st of each month will automatically suspend the Client’s Hosting service, thus deactivating the Client’s website and linked e-mail accounts.
- A reactivation fee, at the appropriate rate at that time, will be billed to the Client.
- Hosting fees not received for 1 consecutive calendar months irrevocably terminates the linked website and associated e-mail accounts with the host. The Client’s domain registration remains for the balance of the yearly domain fee paid, but no software, design and/or development work associated with the domain is recoverable by reactivation hereafter.
- Online By Digital reserves the right to suspend the Client’s services due to non-payment and charge fees, at the appropriate rate at that time, on all arrears in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- Hosting cancellations are only accepted in writing, e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, on or before the 1st of the new month as it carries a calendar month notice period.
- Monthly Hosting & Yearly Domain Fees must be paid on or before the 1st of each month. Payments not received by the 5th of each month will systematically be suspended and a reactivation fee of R300 will be charged. All outstanding payments must be paid and up to date before an account will be reactivated.
- All outstanding payments must be paid up to date before the Client’s Hosting services will be terminated with Online By Digital, thus enabling release to transfer to a Third Party Hosting Service Provider.